33 hours ago
I have a USB sound device that used to work back when I ran other versions of Ubuntu. Now I can only partially see the device. I have tried many things I saw in Google searches, but none solve my problem.
cat /proc/asound/cards sees the device as card 0
ValueError: too many values to unpack
The device is a Sony virtual phones wireless headphone amplifier.
26 hours ago
Bug report here
21 hours ago
I had a similar problem. I found a bug in the asoundconf script. (It did not allow comments in some configuration file(s) after a parameter-value-set.)
You can find a fixed version at http://www.tu-harburg.de/~sedt1131/asoundconf which solved the problem for me. (I have not found a proper way to report the bug, so I started by uploading the fixed version to my webspace...)
19 hours ago
I disabled the onboard sound and USB worked. I sometimes have to
'alsa restart' to get it to work.
18 hours ago
I had this issue today and entering pulseaudio -k in the terminal did not fix it completely, as I also needed to end whatever audio mixer was associated with my desktop environment; for KDE, for example, you enter in the terminal
and then your USB sound device should be detected.