Facebook never lacks new features to improve the user experience. The company has added a variety of features, including new instructions before sharing articles, sound-based emoticons, and live sound rooms like the Clubhouse earlier this year. And now Facebook has added a new ‘Add photos from mobile device’ button to its desktop platform. Allows users to select photos from their smartphone for upload via the website.
This new Facebook feature is a great addition to the web platform. It allows you to draw a post on your desktop, giving you a larger canvas, while allowing you to quickly add photos from your smartphone. So, here’s how you can upload photos to the Facebook web platform from your mobile device:
How to add photos from mobile phones to Facebook web (2021)
Before you move on to the steps to transfer photos from your mobile device to your desktop, it’s worth mentioning that the Facebook app on your mobile device needs to be updated. Therefore, be sure to update the app from the Google Play Store or App Store before updating. Moreover, to use this feature you need to be logged in to the same Facebook account on your mobile and website.
Since this isn’t in your way, here are steps to add photos from your mobile device to Facebook’s web platform.
1. Open Facebook in your favorite browser on your computer and log in to your account.
2. From the home feed, click the “Photo / Video” button in the section “What do you have in mind?” a text box to create a post at the top.
3. The “Create post” pop-up window will then open on the screen. Here you will find a new option “Add photos from your mobile device” which is located just below the option “Add photos / videos” on Facebook.
4. Now, to upload photos from your mobile device to the Facebook page, click the “Add” button.
5. Now scroll to your smartphone and open the Facebook app. Go to the “Notifications” tab from the navigation bar below. You will find a new notice saying this “You can continue to add photos to your post”.
6. Tap the notification to open the photo selection page in the Facebook mobile app. Select the images you want to upload and tap the “Done” button in the upper right corner. Then tap the “Done” button next to the “Add more photos” button on the next page to make all those photos available on the web platform.
7. You will now see that the photos selected on your mobile device immediately appear in your post on the Facebook website. Add a caption and click the “Publish” button to share your photos on the social media platform.
This way, you can easily share photos and videos available on your smartphone via the Facebook desktop website. Furthermore, you can add more photos from your smartphone to the post, even after selecting the initial ones.
Upload mobile photos to Facebook posts
That’s about it! This is a pretty cool feature that could be useful to many users like me who like to store photos and videos on their smartphone instead of transferring them to a desktop or laptop. The feature is currently available on the Facebook web client as well as in the mobile app. So try the steps above and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.